New Step Stool

I made a step stool from scrap cherry for my kid so he can reach the bathroom sink! Only one major flaw, but it's in the back! :) Should last a few years I hope.

Stoutman

Here is a direct link, sorry!

Stoutman

| I made a step stool from scrap cherry for my kid so he can reach the | bathroom sink! Only one major flaw, but it's in the back! :) | Should last a few years I hope. | |

design - beautiful wood. He'll probably want it for his kids someday...

Morris Dovey

That's really nice. Was a time nice pieces like that were treasured for generations, hope that can be the case for you.

It's obvious a lot of hard work has gone into your projects. Hope you get the dovetailer, but it was ingenuous how you got around it, drawers look nice and joints look neat and sturdy.

Reply to
I Love Lucy

I like that! Quite a bit, in fact.

Make 800 of them. Every Montessori mom in your area will be happy to plop $ 175.00 for one of those.

Reply to
Robatoy

Thank you!

Not a bad idea. I have thought about looking into selling on ebay, but I have yet to try it.

Reply to
Stoutman

Thank you.

I woul love to buy the Leigh D1600 jig one day. I have been using the reinforced rabbett joint that I picked up from Swingman from this NG a few years ago.

Reply to
Stoutman

Thank you Morris!

Reply to
Stoutman

thing on your toy boxes. (The braces that prevent the lids from slamming down).

Reply to
bf

Thank you.

I ordered the lid support from Rockler.com. Part number: 39419 Here is a link:

Stoutman

Thank you.

I ordered the lid support from Rockler.com. Part number: 39419 Here is a link:

Stoutman

I've been thinking about plans for a 2-step stool that you can move without bending down and picking it up. Something with a long handle coming up one side that you can use for a bit of balance, and to maneuver the stool around - maybe casters under the side with the handle. For some reason I think I thought I might have seen one of them somewhere. IAE, if anyone has any idea of what I'm talking about please let me know!

JP

******************** googling...
Reply to
Jay Pique

I have made several for customers and pricing them in the furniture stores have found none under $199.00. Shocking IMHO. The stool usually sets beside a bed, dresser, night stand combo for about $299.00 LOL

Reply to
Leon

Very nice sir, Now sell some of them.

Reply to
Leon

How about $5.88 on sale

your mouse over it to see a larger view. How can they sell them that cheap?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Made in China no doubt. It illustrates what kind of markup is on other Chinese stuff that American companies are selling. The average factory worker in China is making less than $2.00 a day. How many stools can he make in a day?

> Slide your mouse over it to see a larger view. How can they sell them that

Reply to
CW

How can they sell that cheap? Thats easy, have you looked at the size of that step stool. It is virtually sized as a 12 in by 12 in cube, and made out of cheap common pine. That is a toy, not a step stool. Probably lazor cut out too. Virtually no hand labor other than putting on the mailing sticker.

Zap

Edw>>have found none under $199.00. Shocking IMHO. The stool usually sets

zap

Stoutman,

Nice projects. One observation though for what it's worth, I couldn't help but notice the first step stool in your pictures shows that the grain of the legs is running horizontilly. This isn't generally a good idea due to possible splitting of the grain could potentially cause a fall. (if someone were stepping up oor standing on it.

Something I learned way back in shop class and I didn't heed till I learned the hard way.

DJ Derringer

Stoutman wrote:

Reply to
djderringer

Yep. That was definitely a design flaw. I no longer make them with the grain running that way. It was one of my earliest projects.

Thank you.

Reply to
Stoutman