New Source for Wood in SE PA

I just found a new place in Bucks County PA.
It is called Specialty Woods and is located in Ottsville PA (About 10 min north of Doylestown).
Their address is 8244 RT 611 Ottsville PA 18942 610-847-6002 610 847-6884 Fax
I talked to the manager Mark Mattozzi, he carries a large assortment of hardwoods and specialty woods. It is all rough sawn but the stuff looks quite good. He also carries some hardwood ply as well.
I hope this store makes it as I am tired of going to Trenton or Allentown for wood.
DHM
Do you know any prices off hand? I live in South Jersey and I'm tired of going from Lancaster to Harrisburg for my lumber. The stuff I get is mixed grades, 80% or better useable but I only pay $1.25 to $1.50 bf for cherry or red oak. Getting all FAS with a shorter drive is worth a premium but not if I have to pay the $8+ places around here charge.

If you don't mind telling, where do you get the $1.50 cherry?
Harrisburg is driveable for me.
Thanks
It seems when you get past Lancaster there are lots of people with portable saw mills. I have family in Harrisburg so I usually make a weekend road trip out of it. I keep an eye on the local classifieds. The stuff I find is listed under building materials. There's lots of cherry and red oak and every so often black walnut and poplar. I have never seen maple though and I've been looking regularly.

Where are you getting red oak or cherry for $1.25 in Lancaster or Harrisburg???
Thanks -
Nick B

Downs & Reader Hardwood (From Stoughton Ma.) has just opened up a distribution yard in Blakeslee Pa at the intersection of 115 & I-80. Their Mass number is 800 788-5568.
--
Rumpty

thanks for the lead on the place in Ottsville. That is only about 15 minutes from where I live.
--
John

"dhmeiser" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
There's a place in Allentown?? Where?? Who?? Every once in a while I go through there, and I've never been able to find a wood store or a tool store (other than the borgs).
Nick B

wood store or a tool store (other than the borgs).
There is a Woodcraft Store in Allentown off of I-78. Check their web site for directions. It's a new store and FWIW it's owned by a woman.
--
Rumpty

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:11:45 GMT, Nick Bozovich wrote:

There's a Woodcraft in Allentown, now. Check the Woodcraft website for the address.
--
Art Greenberg
artg AT eclipse DOT net

Where in Trenton can you buy wood? I only know of Willard Bros (Hamilton).
--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
Nick Bozovich wrote:

Can you hand-pick there?
Yes, I have been to Bailey's several times. All they ask is to restack the boards you remove to get to the ones you want.
Dave Paine.