NEW Powermatic Tenon Jig

Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you actually get prices?

Leon

I'm guessing $300. Looks nice, accurate.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

$330 retail list; who knows what'll it'll eventually be discounted for.

Enough of a time save as compared to what?

Reply to
dpb

Definitely cool. Seems like more and more tools like this are showing up. But for a festool guy like yourself, certainly it would not pay. Your tool is much more portable.

Reply to
woodchucker

A standard tenon jig.

Reply to
Leon

I think it would be a good alternative to the standard tenon jig, maybe if you need to cut a lot of tenons on different thickness material and different thickness tenons. And with a Domino this might not see much action from me. I can't remember the last time I used my home built tenon jig, which worked very well, or my bench top mortiser.

Reply to
Leon

I have this one. I think I got it on sale for 80 bucks or somewhere in there. It makes great cuts but of course Powermatic always makes the best stuff.

Michael

Guess it would still depend on how much is enough but I don't see it as that much time difference; perhaps a little more accurate than the current generation that are too light.

I've one of the old heavy Delta and don't believe I'd trade it for this...unfortunately, they're no longer in production and are pretty hard to come by last time I looked for an acquaintance/neighbor just getting started and having difficulty with the presently available crop. Compared to them, if were still doing that much work I'd likely give it a shot...

Reply to
dpb

I agree, you would almost have to use it daily and or all the time for the accuracy to save time over making a test cut on a scrap.

Yeah, if you don't have a tenon jig to start with maybe the Powermatic would be a consideration. I built mine and it worked fine until I bought my Domino.. ;~)

Reply to
Leon