Needed Info on or about Spraying on stains etc...

Its that time of year again when I have to replenish my wives supply of Doll Furniture that she has UNLOADED at craft fairs this season...
Wife makes and repairs Dolls... sews and sells doll cloths etc and I have the "chore" of making cradles, doll beds, wardrobes, and chest of drawers for her to sell...
Now the sales prices these things sell for is pretty low...meaning I have to use either pine or poplar to make them... Easy enough BUT I absolutely hate the finishing process...Gel stain works but it still is a pain...
So...lazy as I am...I tough that maybe I could attempt to play with spraying a stain on the furniture then spraying on a semi gloss finish...
Any books etc... that I should look at...?
Bob Griffiths
Bob G. wrote:

No help on books, but here's some unsolicited advice... Look into dyes or coloring (toning) the finish for some fast spray finishing.
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:28:27 -0500, "Eric Ryder"

I Pride myself in NEVER having read a single book on woodworking anyhow....(lol)...
Just kept producing a lot of suwdust...
Bob
_remove snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net says...

The only thing you have to read is the directions on the back of a spray can of Min Wax stain, which is, for informational purposes, a dye rather then a pigment stain.
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods

Press, you might be able to get from your library. I have sprayed die stains before and it's not too bad about the third time you do it. I've used both an air brush and a HVLP conversion gun. I felt I had more control with the air brush YMMV. Also, use some kind of a booth unless you plan on coating everything in the room. I made a booth (5X7) from floor to ceiling with plastic and put a small fan in the basement window to exhaust the overspray as well as the fumes.
Garey remove the spot to reply
Spray cans will break the bank. Dyes can be sprayed and that application method is often suggested instead of wiping. I use a touch-up gun with a 1HP compressor that would suit your needs as I understand them to a TEE. Dyes can be added to finishes to function as toners so the entire thing can be done in one step instead of two or more. Visit Jeff Jewitt at www.homesteadfinishing.com for dyes, finishes, guns and advice on "How to". Waterbased finishes have made things so much more "user friendly" than the old days it seems unreal.
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:38:03 -0500, Bob G.

try....but the price was like you said...way too much...
Bob