Need source of 18+ft boards (Teak , Oak, or Mahogany) in SW

I'm starting a project of rebuilding an old sailboat that has wooden rails. While I could scarf shorter pieces, I'd prefer to find long boards. The longest I need is just about 18ft long.
I'd prefer teak, but options include mahogany, oak, purpleheart, and ash. (In varying order of preference).
I'm in the Phoenix area, but can travel.
Any suggestions?
Thanks -- Jason
Nobody_special wrote:

1) Forget anything but teak for cap rails. 2) Learn to scarf.
Trying to find 18 ft boards, much less bend them to shape ranks right up there with wearing a hairshirt during your summer period.
Lew
Nobody_special wrote:

You won a lottery? Hope so, you'll need $$ or a 2nd mortgage if you can find an 18' teak plank. Which is what you should use.
The first place I'd look would be Maurice Condon in (IIRC) White Plains, NY. I don't think they have a web site. They specialize in lumber for marine applications. Lots of it. Closer to you, check out marine lumber suppliers and boat yards in Long Beach and San Diego. Let your fingers do the walking...
Personally, I'd scarf.
You might correspond with some of the marine museums, like Mystic Seaport re suppliers. Oak is plentiful if you are willing to take a log to a small mill or have a portable mill come to you. Wilson

dadiOH wrote:

which laminates 4 pieces into a 3.5" wide rail and was historically done with oak or mahogany, I can use any of the species listed. (actually, I can legally use anything that's denser than the proper species of mahogany)

one piece look. Especially on the outwhale (the laminate goes 3 pieces inside, 1 piece outside).

How about black walnut? I'd have to measure, but it's damn close to 18', rough sawn 4/4, maybe 8" wide. It's in Wisconsin, between Milwaukee and madison, waiting for the right project.