Need some wood advice

Hi everyone,
I am hoping that someone here might be able to give me some advice on a bathroom vanity that I recently purchased.. Anyway, to start with, this is it.
http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Winslow_Standard_Bathroom_Sink_Cabinet/120 /
The problem is that the vanity is way to high for my bathroom since it is in the basement and has low ceilings. I realize that I made a mistake but I can't stand the idea of parting with this vanity. I have considered removing the apron part of the vanity along with the legs but I think that will completely destroy it. Does anyone here have any advice. I mean, are most high end vanitys this tall and does anyone ever put them in bathrooms with low ceilings??
Sorry if I'm rambling here but I'm just kind of worried about this:(
Anthony
My basement vanity is 33" to the top with low ceilings meaning less than 8 feet. How low are your ceilings? It is more a question are you that tall that a 37" vanity is not too tall? Then I would think the low ceiling is going to bother you more than a high vanity.
On 22 Feb 2007 16:17:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hi,
The low ceilings do bother me but there is really nothing that can be done to raise them without moving a number of gaslines and drains and water pipes. I am about 6'1 and I would guess that the ceiling is just a bit taller than I am. Is there any trick to making a ceiling look higher than it is (colors, wallpapers, whatever).
Anthony
I primed my basement bathroom after about 8 years. The drywall guys hung greenboard. The room looks bigger and brighter with the white primer barely covering the greenboard. Do not paint dark colors is the first size illusion rule. Don't put a lolot of stuff in the room is the second. Third is don't put big thngs in a small room but you tossed that idea out.
On 22 Feb 2007 16:55:12 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

In proportion it will look out of place however if you like the piece, stay with it. There is no right or wrong way here. Being that you are that tall, a higher vanity would be easier to use. Allen