NEED HELP REMOVING FACEPLATE FROM LATHE??

I just bought a new craftsman full size lathe and mounted a piece to the face plate and screwed in the spindle. Now when I want to remove the faceplate I can't figure out how to do it? It came with a wrench that fits on the backside of the faceplate however I can't figure out how to make the spindle not turn in order to unscrew the faceplate. Is there some type of spindle lock that I can't find? HELP!! please reply to my email address....thanks
On my Delta there's a hole in the shaft that a rod fits in to stop the rotation.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
IMO it would be a bad design to not have some type of spindle lock. If there is not, try a large wrench on it and hit the wrench with a big hammer. Thanks, Tony D.

Dude, I never force anything, I get a bigger hammer.