Removing calcium from stucco???

I am getting ready to paint a house that has heavy calcium deposits on the walls near the back patio from a outdoor misting system. What do you guys think would be the best way to remove the calcium before painting? I have tried CLR and vinegar letting both set for a 1/2 hour then scrubbing with a wire brush with no luck. I am concerned that if I just prime and paint over it that the calcified area will not match the rest of the wall due to the difference in texture. The home owner is very picky. I am going to be driving up there in about two weeks and want to try a few things before we start painting next month. I will also try pressure washing but have been told it will not work?

Thanks,

AZCRAIG

cm

Try limeaway. Scraper should work.

Death to the christian government.

Reply to
Yawnkin Bhuorpnwiz

Calcium is a pain, especially after it takes hold. You may have to graduate up to muratic acid, pool acid. Try a 20% solution first, one part acid 5 parts water. Always acid into water not the other way around.

Reply to
SQLit