Need help locating table lift

Some kind of a table lift, possibly scissor type. It's use will be for a model railroad layout. I want to slide it under a bed and when it's pulled out it can be raised to about table height kinda like an ironing board. It needs to be assisted somehow, pnuematics possibly, and a little more heavy duty and stable than the ironing board legs. The size board it would need to hold would be about 36" wide and 75" long. Googling isn't helping, maybe don't quite know what to google for. All I'm coming up with is Heavy duty industrial stuff. Thanks, appreciate your help.

Reply to
Paul

I have built these before, Some flat iron, a few holes, some bearings/bushings and a top/bottom, you are in business. The ones I built used an air cylinder to assist the lifting. I just pumped thehandle. I have also seen them built with a small hydraulic jack for lifting power.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Harbor Freight has a 500 Lb. Capacity Hydraulic Lift Table selling for $170.

Nova

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

What're the folded height and weight requirements? Seems like it might be hard to find something prefab that would be low enough and still rugged enough which is why I'd be thinking you're having trouble finding anything.

--

Reply to
dpb

Go to a hobby shop and get a magazine, "The Model Railroad that grows" or something close.

It's been around for at least 40 years.

It describes starting with a basic HO christmas present set and how it can grow.

As I remember, lots of good ideas for a table structure that will provide a lot more flexibility than a door.

I copied their ideas for a table that was basically an open framework.

Simple and straight forward.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett