nailshooter UNLEASHED

Belt-fed, impressive! ;-D

https://www.youtube.com/embed/WSNgd4PU7ZY?autoplay=1

On 1/8/2016 2:49 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

BULLSHIT!!!!!
--
Jeff

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 1:49:26 PM UTC-6, Spalted Walt wrote:

Fun video. Not possible, but fun.
Robert

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Any air-brush artist should be able to do that with a safety-disabled gun at an appropriate range (no clue whether the range on the video is reasonable, but guessing not).
It certainly doesn't look real, but a definite judgment requires paying attention to both the "picture" and the "gunner" at the same time, which is not something many people would do.
If he varied his pace some, I might wonder whether it was real.
The parts where he turns away and still "paints" are what really seeds the doubt.
Mostly, I am tired to death of the Mona Lisa being the only example of "piece of art" used in these things. If they'd copied Ansel Adams, or even just a soup can, they'd get more respect from me.
[I know, I'm not their target audience. Whatever.]
--
Drew Lawson | And to those who lack the courage
| And say it's dangerous to try
On 1/8/2016 9:25 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:

NOOOOOO it's just not real. The trigger and nails don't appear at the same rate, plus from that distance there is no way the nails will land like they are. There are no feathers on the nails,so they'll just flip end over end.
--
Jeff

Feathers? We don't need no stinking feathers..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wy4-4NOjLYI?autoplay=1

.. one more because it's Friday

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IHGIwCHfESg?autoplay=1

On 1/8/2016 8:25 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:

Nails are not coming out of a barrel to direct them. Nails shot out of a nail gun do not go straight. Basically you can not aim a nail gun. Nail gun scenes shooting people in a movie, pure BS.
On 1/9/16 10:28 AM, Leon wrote:

I shot one pretty straight all the way across my garage back when we were debunking whatever goof thought a nailgun could kill someone a mile away.
Perhaps it depends on the gun?
--

-MIKE-

On 1/9/2016 10:44 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

The shorter the barrel, the less accuracy. How long is the barrel on your nail gun? ;~)
On 1/9/2016 10:53 AM, Leon wrote:

Now that we have "open carry" in Texas, I'm going to check into that. Was tough carrying one concealed.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2016-01-09 12:09 PM, Swingman wrote:

--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
On 1/9/2016 11:28 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Airless
Spalted Walt, thanks for posting the second set of links. I had seen something similar to the portrait a couple of years back, but the video of splitting the nail was absolutely priceless. Those guys did their best to sell it.
As I said when I forwarded the nail splitter to one of my friends, "ever wonder what your guys are doing when you aren't on the job?"
Fun stuff.
Robert

I fully expected that video to be chastised by some nervous Nellie because they weren't wearing eye protection. ;-)
On 2016-01-09 1:05 PM, Leon wrote:

Concealer hammer then, would you be Maxwell, is it silver?
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati

3000 PSI bottle from an auto paint ball gun.
On 1/9/2016 11:53 AM, Leon wrote:

:-)
--
Jeff