My next home/kitchen design setup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 8/31/2011 8:49 AM, Swingman wrote:

Wow! and all you need is four difernet display devices. I wonder if larger projects, like a hi-rise, you would need to book a drive in theater? ;~)
On 8/31/2011 9:31 AM, Leon wrote:

With eInk and nanotechnology, that could be folded up and put in your pocket!
In not too many more years there will be no need to go onsite at all ... all subcontractors will be robots that you control from your office screen.
Can you believe that, in the not that distant past, the carpenters union specified the weight and length of handle that your hammer must have when framing a house!
If a union goon showed up on site and your handle was too long, you had to cut it to the union approved length at once, or be fined, or fired, or both.
How times change ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

All will be better with the new line of Festool Graphene saw blades.
On 8/31/2011 9:58 AM, Swingman wrote:

The government has already put that into motion, our president is the mindless robot.

We will need to be vigilant that BILL doesn't become HAL. JoeG ( Kubrick's 2001 computer)

We will need to be vigilant that BILL doesn't become HAL. JoeG ( Kubrick's 2001 computer)
LOL I don't think the real young people will get the HAL remark. Only us old duffs. WW
more of the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE50vaI1ZeI

------------------------ "Swingman" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALIuVb0NJ4

Taking SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Holy Shitte, Maynard! (still laughing)
Do they use $60k worth of hardware and software to figure out which new door handles to select and use? How many weeks worth of input did that take, and what's the cost to the customer? <thud>
-- Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power. -- Seneca
On 8/31/2011 5:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

AAMOF, I routinely do that now ... and yep, with SU (just a bit shy of $60k). :)
Just went through the exercise last week with drawer pulls on a client's desk project.
She gave me the online link of the drawer pulls, I modeled them, embedded them in the desk model, emailed her an exported jpg, and the day after that the drawer pulls were in hand and installed, via FedEx direct to the shop:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/OngoingShopProjects #
All without a single face to face or phone conversation.

Notice no woman was involved in the selection ... there better be automatic undo/redo.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010