My gloat

Happened to pickup the local paper to find an ad listing a few Grizzly tools for sale. A jointer, a planner, and a bandsaw. Had the first two so I only bought the bandsaw for $50, got some friends to buy the other tools. (if that's not enough) The woman selling the tools mentioned that she had some old stuff under the tarp and wondered if they were worth much. Some old handtools, planes, saws, assorted other stuff. I was honest and told her she should check out the age and value, but she wanted to get ride of it, and told me I could have it all for $20. And right next to all the tools...........board after board of all sorts of lumber...oak, maple, and some that looks like ash, not sure, and lots of pine. And to top it off she gave it all to me for $0. ("Just make it go away, I need the space") So far three pickup loads, and I think I can get the rest in one more load. The wife's wasn't too happy, until I told here there was a couple thousand in wood I wouldn't have to buy. Now..........where can I store it all? Who needs a side yard anyway?

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock

-SNIP -

Right now, there's one really pissed off divorced guy in your area.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

yup. you suck. :) .

Good gloat.

Reply to
js

you suck! er, I mean, congrats. She probably would have hired a trash hauler to take it away. One deceased spouse's gold, is a suvivor's trash, I guess. Makes me want to read the obituary section more often.... JOE

Reply to
JoeTaxpayer

=======================

I can tell you for a fact that I would not need a side yard...NOR A LIVING ROOM....for that matter...LOL

I did get 3 pick up loads of Walnut a few years ago for pocket change when the old fellow who had it stored in his sheds needed to "get it out" ..... I just had to do him the favor to take it off his hands... I'm a nice guy !

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G

Yousuckyousuckyousuckyousuckyousuckyousuckyousuckyousuck....

Reply to
Milo

Nice story, Dave! You made it all up...right? lol

Ya done good, buddy!! Any PART of the story seems too good to be true.

Have fun!

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Ya, that IS a gloat.

To keep the good karma going 'round, consider donating a bit of your booty. Nah, not to me, or anyone else on the wreck....find a local school or program that does wooddorking with kids, that is if there is anything left. Who knows, you may get a call in a couple of years to haul off more goodies after their insurance man tells them they can no longer teach such dangerous arts. At the very least, it may buy you access time to some larger toys that aren't economically feasible to purchase for the home shop. Of course, with your luck, someone is just likely to drive buy with a flatbed of nice toys for sale cheap.

Yeah, you suck.

DLGlos

Reply to
DLGlos

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:10:37 GMT, "David Babcock" brought forth from the murky depths:

Y O U S U C K ! Congrats on a very good gloat, David.

I'd be glad to store some oak and maple for you. (returns not guaranteed)

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. *

's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

Boy, do you suck!

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

First, you suck.

Now, how many times has the SO come home with stuff you really didn't want to see but she justified it with the phrase 'But look how much money I saved' (and your wondering how long it's going to take to go through a 50 pound sack of rice).

Your Turn!!

;)

Reply to
Mark

So it might make all of you feel a little better, (and stop cussing me out) I broke a spring on my old truck on the third load of wood. Guess I was being somewhat greedy thinking I had better get the wood outta there before someone else comes along. So now I have to find a new set of springs. Actually after much persuasion, I gave the lady $200 for all the stuff. It made my guilt go away (a little), and you should have seen the smile on her face. Found out her husband had been gone for a year, and all this stuff made her think of him. I promised to build her something, from the wood............and clean her gutters, clean her driveway and walks when it snows, and date her ugly daughter.......... just kidding on the last three things.

Dave....again

Reply to
David Babcock

Are you sure that your not DREAMING? Jim

Reply to
Jim Heater

"You suck" is a traditional response here to gloats of this nature. It's not intended to be derogatory in this context; rather, it means something akin to "Man, I really envy you!"

Doug Miller

Ya know, I sat here reading and reading and thinking how come I never get a break, or a deal. Then I saw the ad listing only "Grizzly Power Tools for Sale", and that changed. I contemplated about not saying anything at all, after all I know how I felt as I read about others good fortune............So, I will donate a lot of the wood given to me, like one suggestion made. We have a Vocational School locally that teaches courses in "making sawdust" both for high school and adult ed. So they are coming to get what I can give them. But I'm keeping the hardwood........I'm a nice guy........but not that nice.

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock