Must...not...buy...tools.

Page 2 of 2

wood snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Period.
But you got to show off that you can Google piano manufacturers' names. I can't remember the last time I was this impressed.
Thanks for sharing.
(..a concert grand in a laundry room doesn't even appear suspiciously silly to you??)
Robatoy wrote:

No, you couldn't possibly be more wrong. My post a JOKE! You of all people I thought would recognize that.
And for the record, I Googled nothing. I've played every one of the pianos named. I'm torn between the power of the NY Steinway and the nuance of the Hamburg. Different pieces play better on different pianos. And when budget/living space permit, I'll have a NY Model B.

I'm stunned, *STUNNED* do you hear me, that no-one has mentioned Fazioli yet.
Humph.
David, who when the piano moved out filled the spoace with an upright bass...
David O'Heare wrote:

That's the one super-high-ender I've never played. Sure does have a following, though.
Tough to find here in the States. I take it you like? What's the sound/action like compared to the others?

Sorry, I've never even seen one in the flesh, as it were. Heck, I'm not even a piano player.
Taking things further away from the OP, I did play a stunning parlor-sized guitar last week. Built by Oskar Graf in Clarendon, ON, it was *wonderful*. It was also worth on the order of $7000, I think. And worth it.
Dave O'Heare
wood snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sorry.. you caught me between Coffee #1 and Coffee #2. YES!.. I do see the wry tongue-in-cheek now... my apologies.
But look what you started...lol.. Fazioli???? I know very little about pianos. I was blown away by Tori Amos doing her thing with a Bosendorfer and immediately noticed the awesome power of the instrument. I had been exposed to the beauty of the craftsmanship before at a Swiss hotel and it left quite an impression on me as a kid.
Robatoy wrote:

It's like they say in the NBA...no autopsy, no foul.
A lot of the power from that Bosendorfer, depending on the size/model, could have come from the fact that they have several "extra" keys on the bass end...instead of the normal 88 keys, they have 90-some-odd. Supposed to give the instrument extra resonance.
Truly an awesome instrument.
Periodically, when I want to see what the high-water mark of woodworking is, I look inside my piano at the action. Talk about precision. And mine's a POS compared to the afore-mentioned models...
p.s. For the record, I wrote my original post before I even had coffee # 1...re-reading it under the sunny haze of Starbucks # 3, I can see where it could easily have been mistaken as serious...my bad. Lesson learned...NEVER post to the wreck until I'm at least partway through coffee # 2.
wood snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Indeed. Here's a shot of one somewhat like the one I couldn't be torn away from.
http://www.savagerecords.com/images/b175_artisanpiano.jpg
Hey, _I_ saw the humor. It was a spot on parody of any of five hundred threads I've read in this forum over the past year.
Bill
Just watch Norm on TV. His workshop and tools would challenge Bill Gate's budget but my cable TV bill is only $55 per month.

Actually Norm's tools are towards the low end. Hang around the Felder forum on Yahoo for a while.
I knew a fellow once who always signed up for the adult ed woodshop class at his local high school. He said it gave him guaranteed time in the shop each week, plus it gave him access to all these BIG tools he didn't have room for and probably couldn't afford even if he did have room.
BruceT