Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.

Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.
http://www.muskoka.com/lions/events.html
If you do go -- there are some igloos and tents still available. http://accommodations.traveltomuskoka.com /
On this page you can see a picture of the hydro-electric generating station adjacent to the local business district. During the Great August Blackout, it had the only electric bulb (powered by 120VAC) operating for many miles around.
http://www.bracebridgechamber.com /
We arrived early Friday looking for a quiet dinner and a relaxing evening in the hot tub.... However things did not work out that way.
We managed to get an ice cream cone at one of the local emporiums before the inevitable melt-down. ..And for supper we cooked on the Coleman stove -- which I had insisted we bring so we could have a picnic on the trip. We were one of the few hotel guests that had bacon and eggs the next morning -- we set up at the river park and cooked our own breakfast.
The wood show did go on -- on generator power -- till they got the local power restored the next morning.
Now -- if all of you guys will ease back on your power consumption this weekend -- perhaps I can enjoy the show and some local sight seeing without the blackout.
See you there.
Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.
http://www.muskoka.com/lions/events.html
If you do go -- there are some igloos and tents still available. http://accommodations.traveltomuskoka.com /
Igloos? You southern folks do have a sense of humor, don't you?
Since I dropped my cash at Finnfest last weekend, I'll have miss this one.
Thanks for the invite, though.
George wrote:

Ahhh.... Another doubter. I will have you know that we Kanuckistanis take this issue very seriously.
http://www.santasvillage.ca /
In Bracebridge of course...
There is a portal to the North Pole in Bracebridge -- however, only the pure of heart and mind (and loyal Canadians) are allowed to enter. Children are exempt from any testing of course...
"How can the far north and the south exist simultaneously" you ask? Well another example of Canada being in the forefront of transportation technology -- just like the Avro Arrow...
Be Cool!
Ahhh.... Another doubter. I will have you know that we Kanuckistanis take this issue very seriously.
http://www.santasvillage.ca /
In Bracebridge of course...
We don't take _anything_ seriously.
http://www.dayoopers.com /
Only about sixty-five miles to Christmas ... Michigan, that is.
Hope it is a larger show than the one I visited in Bracebridge a few years ago, I think I went through it in less than 10 minutes.
--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art