multiple blast gates on one drop

I have a table saw, band saw, and jointer in a cluster. It would be convenient to have one 6" drop with 3 blast gates at the bottom and then run a short length of 6" flex to each tool. Is there a problem with three blast gates coming off splits on a single drop? I would only have one gate open at a time (I plan to have a 2hp blower). Thanks
Nope.
UA100
4" pipe will carry all the dust you can make and not be in the way so much. It's velocity that does the work. Wilson

On 13 Aug 2004 22:18:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net (Jim) calmly ranted:

Go for it. I suggest Ys vs. tees for the splits due to the better flow factor. I recently picked up a 50' section of 4" flex hose ($26, Amazon, free shipping) and will be setting up similar drops for my floor sweep, lathe, and 1" sander + drill + mortiser cart.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- The more we gripe, * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html the longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net (Jim) wrote in message

No problem, I have a homemade manifold that has five ports. Consists of a box about 16"long by 8"x8". 4" holes in box with closet flanges screwed on for hose connectors. Slots cut in top of box for masonite drops to block unused ports.Inside the box are rabbeted 3/4" pieces for masonite to slide up and down.I use this contraption on a 1 1/2hp collector. Very simple to change from one machine to another. I just place the masonite on top of the slot of the machine being used, the other ports have the masonite in the slots.
mike