Mullion / Muntin Clips for Windows

Does anyone know where I could find mullion / muntin plastic clips for my windows? They are external grids mounted on the inside and there are two plastic clips that hold the grid in place. These are falling apart and I need to replace them. I have looked everywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
GTTwirler

Good luck.... Last fall I made a window and French door set for my nieces home and had no luck in finding anything that was readily available. I did find a window at the borgs that uses them on their grids for their octagon shaped windows. The plastic slides in a 1/8" slot cut in the grids and has two small needle points that you push into the frame to hold the grids in. You may be able to order them directly from the manf but HD or Loews didn't carry replacement parts.

I ended up making my grids slightly longer than needed than beveling the top and bottom sections about 2 deg so they would snap-in to a 2 deg cut on the frame. Small chisel does this nicely. The grids were made from ash so they have enough flexability to be bent slightly and inserted. To remove, simply pull on the center section of the grid. Now if I've guessed right, the grids should not shrink enough to ever fall out.......

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS