moving South

Page 2 of 2

My Dad always told me:
"If I had a farm in Texas and a home in Hell, I'd sell the farm and go home".
I should have listened.
-jbb

Some people just don't have what it takes I guess.

Wonder how you'd survive in Canada with our sub zero temperatures, vicious sled dogs and frozen outhouses? Ever sat in an outhouse and have your butt frozen to the seat? And that's just about the time the sled dogs come to visit. :)
wrote in message

Actually my nephew sat in an out house in Pottsboro TX and froze his bottom to the seat. He had been sweating under all his layers and instantly froze to the seat. He left skin behind. Texas does have some pretty cold spots. About 15 years ago Houston had a low of 7 degrees F. Pretty cool when you take everything in perspective. With that in mind my wife's aunt, uncle, and cousins came for a visit several years ago and indicated that with our humidity the winters here in Houston can be quite miserably cold. They are from Burlington Ontario.
Remember the two things a Texan fears the most! A tornado and a Yankee with a trailer.
--There are two bills in the Texas legislature. One to build a 6" barbed wire fence along the Rio Grande, not much support and not expected to pass. Second to build a 10" barbed wire fence with razor wire and gun towers along the Red River. Expected to be signed into law shortly but the big concern is the large numbers of volunteers expected to help with construction. Art Ransom Lancaster , Texas snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net www.turningaround.org
Art Ransom wrote:

You will have to change the name of your state to Texaco. :-)     yee haw     jo4hn

I heard that the construction workers were going to be from across the border. LOL

I can see why, since the state's pretty much one big trailer park already. More trailers would just crowd the place up. : )

What the volunteers don't know, of course, is that the fence is part of a joint project with Texas' bordering states to keep Texans IN.
Jason
Jason Quick wrote:

All this talk about where people are from is just wrong! I have always found that if you are talking to someone, you should never ask where they are from. If they are from Texas, they'll tell you, and if they're not from Texas, don't embarass them.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.