moving South

In metro Chicago, drivers insist that there are only two seasons. 1) construction season 2) pot-hole season

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

You will have to change the name of your state to Texaco. :-) yee haw jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Not in N TX, they don't... :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Depends upon what you call "N. Texas" ... to a Texan, that would be up around the Dallas/FW, Denton area, and the weather there is often similar to Houston's.

Now the Texas Panhandle is a different story all together. Those barbed wire fences between the Texas Panhandle and your part of the country doesn't hold back much of that Canadian Christmas wind.

Reply to
Swingman

I heard that the construction workers were going to be from across the border. LOL

Reply to
Leon

That also depends on which part of TX "Texan" you're talking about...up here in the Panhandle, the two are pretty much synonyms--it's a long ways to the Red River country down there... :)

I recall as a kid going to grandparents' in "The Valley" (they farmed/dairy'ed between McAllen and Pharr) -- it was

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I can see why, since the state's pretty much one big trailer park already. More trailers would just crowd the place up. : )

What the volunteers don't know, of course, is that the fence is part of a joint project with Texas' bordering states to keep Texans IN.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Quick

All this talk about where people are from is just wrong! I have always found that if you are talking to someone, you should never ask where they are from. If they are from Texas, they'll tell you, and if they're not from Texas, don't embarass them.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick