moldy apple wood, usable?

I'm trying to dry a small amount of apple wood. I stacked and stickered it outside (following the advice in Understanding Wood), where it's been for perhaps 9 months in a location protected from direct sun and rain. But I discovered today that the wood is streaked with gray mold in many places.

Do I have to throw it away? Or can I bleach it and continue the drying process and expect that any risidual mold will get removed when it is jointed and planed and cut to size?

Reply to
Adrian Mariano

Maybe.

Depends on what the "mold" is, and what you're after.

get you started in your determination. If in doubt, run a plane over a wiped area and take a look.

Reply to
George

It must now be properly disposed of in a manner approved by the DEC. If you are not certified to perform this disposal then I'm happy to do it for you. Since you're obviously new to this and I'm feeling particularly generous tonight, I'll waive the normal fee and all you really have to do is get the wood to me and I'll take care of the rest.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Adrian Mariano