Modified Adirondack chair design

A senior senior down the road asked if I would help him build a couple of Adirondack / Jake style chairs for he and his wife. He said that the ones they had tried we too deep or high and that his wife could not easily get out of the chair. Any ideas for a design would be helpful and does anyone have a working link for Jake's Chair? Thanks in advance, JG

http://www.freeww.com/chairs.html Never heard of a "Jake's Chair." My uncle Jake was given the chair, but I don't think that's what you mean. :-) -- Ernie
Sorry Digger, I foolishly forgot to mention that the "Stamp" had to be removed for email. Cheers, JG
Digger wrote:

"Jake's" is the ugliest Adirondack I've seen, other than the fish-shaped ones.

This is a typical problem with bad Adirondacks. Keep the seat flat and get the heights right. If you're making them for the more elderly, then they might need to be even higher and less reclined.
The _best_ design I've seen for an Adirondack, absolutely bar none, was a FWW article (May / June 1999).
The Adirondack chair Norm Abram built on the New Yankee Workshop addresses the 'low seat' specifically. It was one of the stated complaints he addressed with his design.
--
SwampBug