Moderating rec.woodworking

Page 5 of 7

Absolutely a Liberal Troll. You know the type, they want to take care of EVERY BODY.
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:57:08 GMT, "Leon"

select few.
BTW, I think you were far too kind earlier when you called him a moron.
TWS
TWS wrote:

Actually, he's neither, he's a reactionary troll with Revealed Truth.

--
--John

YES! YES! YES!! COOL!
naaa WGAF

Just one comment to say you're dead right there. Notice how they put out the bait then vanish?
Why would you want to stick you nose into something that you do not participate in??
For get it.
message

I suspect that the NAN had to impose a ban because of people like you.
message

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:14:54 GMT, "Leon"

No. The NAN had to impose a ban because moderation in place does not work. The way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.zzn.com says...

Just got our MBA did we?
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

From Harvard. He can now manage anything.
Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn /
Go Play Far...
message

On 12 Jan 2005 22:14:32 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net"

So long as you're not the moderator I'll think on it. I'd rather put up with the OT crap, which is easily deleted. Like sorting through junk regular mail, it's now instinctive and on automatic, and takes seconds. This troll topic is on that list now.
Guess who wrote:

Wow! I go offline for a few days and look what happens. Why can't you guys just play nice? It was a nice newsgroup when I left and now you're all up in arms. What ever happened to the old group where we talked about wood, and new tools for Christmas, and finishing, and cutting your weiner with a saw stop. That's the way I liked it! If I had it my way I would..... Hey maybe I could be the moderator? Whaddya say? How about a vote for me? I'm off to plan my election strategy. Don't start without me. I'll be right back....
no one moderator could do the job anyway. it would take several dedicated people. ok who has several hours a day to spend on wreck.wood??
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
wrote in

From what I've seen there's quite a few. I just don't know if I'd trust 'em as moderators. :-)
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:49:41 -0800, Steve Knight

not me... I already spend several hours a day wrecking wood.. (but I have lots of really cool kindling)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Steve Says: no one moderator could do the job anyway. it would take several dedicated people. ok who has several hours a day to spend on wreck.wood??
I could If everyone made there charitable contribution checks made payable to "Knothead" we'll give 'er a go. Funny though the only person I could imagine censoring would be the worm that started this thread.. I'll get my paypal account set up right away ;-)
Knothead
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:49:41 -0800, Steve Knight

Moderating a newsgroup as active as the Wreck is normally done primarily by a robot and secondarily by humans who write scripts for the robot and make sure that it is running.
Posting messages claiming that a group as active as the Wreck is about to be moderated is done by a subspecies known as a troll.
- - Bob McClenon
Robert (BAD?) said:

I think it would be like screaming underwater.
Back to making shavings.
Dave
On 12 Jan 2005 22:14:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Here's some feedback for you...
1. Who are you? 2. Why do you think this group needs moderation? 3. Are you aware of the recent failure along similar lines, and the reasons for same? 4. Who are you?