Mission Lamp Shade

I'm planning a mission floor lamp. My own design in cherry. I would like to make the shade also out of cherry and mica. It's the angles that have me confussed. Has anyone seen plans or know the angles for a 4 or 6 sided shade?
: I'm planning a mission floor lamp. My own design in cherry. I would like to : make the shade also out of cherry and mica. It's the angles that have me : confussed. Has anyone seen plans or know the angles for a 4 or 6 sided : shade? : :
Look to the Oct 04 issue of American Woodworker - "Current issue" Pages 40-50 -'cept they call it a FL Wright 'inspired' Arts and Crafts lamp...
Rick - Computer recommends - Hard drinking calypso poet
"DrDan99" wrote in message news:

The May 2003 issue of Wood Magazine had plans, including a jig to use for the mica frame for the shade. I built the lamp and shade but don't recall the angles. I have the plans/magazine somewhere ... if you can't find that issue on the Internet, post back and I'll look them up for you.
FWIW, there is picture of the one I built on page 2 of my projects journal on the website below.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Swingman, where did you get the mica from. I have that mag, and was planning on building that lamp when I get the a&c desk built but was wondering where you got the mica from. The article shows a different design on the mica and the hardware kit is about $64. Thanks, Mike
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
"Mike S." wrote in message

I believe it was woodworker.com ... but there are a number of places on the net that sell mica in sheets. Just do a Google on "mica".
That said, the hardware parts kit is worth the price if still available as the components are of much higher quality than you can generally find locally in the culture of the BORG.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04