Might Be Turning Into A Wood Dorking NewsGroup!

Page 2 of 2

mac davis wrote:

Interestingly, ashtrays of any ilk are difficult to come by these days. It used to be that you could go into most any souvenir shop and come up with some possibilities. Now it's mostly antique shops. Hooray.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Larry Jaques wrote:

And post a pic to abpw?
Congratulations--you've saved your own life.
Bob preparing to celebrate his 40th wedding anniversary in October.
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:54:46 GMT, the opaque Bob Schmall

I wonder why nobody commented on my reply. Too ironic? Are they so sure the Wreck will revert? <g>

Yeah, why not?

Indubitably.
"Why would you want to?" the bachelor queried. <gd&r>
(Congrats anyway.)
- Better Living Through Denial ------------ http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases
<snip>

Regarding things over which we have little to no control, one must not waste too much emotion.
We can either read, or not.
We can either comment, or not.
We can either be civil, or not. Or be silent.
I cannot, except through filtering or ignoring, change the behavior of others, should they decide to disrupt this 'place'.
There are good days, and there are less than good days. But today, basically, life is good. (tmJOAT)
Patriarch
Good for you! Your are a better man than I am. The only thing I quit successfully was cigs.
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:13:56 -0500, "Knothead"

SOMETHING.. the only thing that I've successfully quit is watermelon and fresh strawberries for lent..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

and is that because they were out of season? ;)
--
be safe.
flip

yep.. busted.. *blush*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
I've been trying to quit them for about 45 years... oh, well.. ya gotta die of SOMETHING..
Yeah but I saved so much cash I was able to reoutfit my gara...'er shop ;-)
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:14:11 -0500, "Knothead"

fire and suck on..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 09:21:47 -0700, the opaque mac davis

Foo!
So quit, save it up for a year, then buy a BRAND NEW Griz 1023SL AND an 8" jointer, etc.
If that's not worth it, WHAT IS?
(Never mind that you smell like a week old ashtray to everyone within 50' of you. That's every day, all day.)
LJ--BTDT and I'm now 17 years free of the butts.
- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

but then, I'd have to save up a LOT more for a bigger shop, Larry... I have like 3 tools too many for the space that I have now.. (and don't have a TS or jointer)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

The LAST thing I want is for people to look at my corpse and tell each other how good I look. Sprong. Oh and when I head off to Croak City, don't put candles and teddy bears outside my house or I will haunt you. On the other hand, I'm willing a couple kilobucks for a great party.     grumble,     jo4hn

you ever notice that the best party of your life is your wake? that's just not fair.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Think you are right Tom - my kill file only registered 4 this morning - down from hndreds just months ago.
Lou

Thanks, Tom.. you've just cursed us... Kind of like a boxing announcer saying "he's never been knocked down".. lol