Might Be Turning Into A Wood Dorking NewsGroup!

yep.. busted.. *blush*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I hear that... we spend about $150 a month on little paper tubes that we set on fire and suck on..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

you ever notice that the best party of your life is your wake? that's just not fair.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Foo!

So quit, save it up for a year, then buy a BRAND NEW Griz 1023SL AND an 8" jointer, etc.

If that's not worth it, WHAT IS?

(Never mind that you smell like a week old ashtray to everyone within 50' of you. That's every day, all day.)

LJ--BTDT and I'm now 17 years free of the butts.

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 7/6/2005 8:39 AM Larry Jaques mumbled something about the following:

If I had stayed quit when I quit smoking, it would be 20 years Nov 13, but alas, I started back smoking after 5 years quit and haven't quit again.

Reply to
Odinn

I just cheated. I quit smoking about 2 years ago using those tablet things, and then switched to chewing tobacco. Cheaper, and it can't possibly hurt anyone but me. Figure I spent about $42 a week on smokes, and now spend about $5 a week on chew, so it comes out to a decent compromise in my book, even if I still don't get to live forever.

Reply to
Prometheus

On 7/8/2005 6:11 AM Prometheus mumbled something about the following:

See, it was chaw and dip that I started on before smoking, and it don't go well with my current profession (lead systems administrator) when I'm in meetings all the time. I only smoke 1 carton every 2 weeks, and I smoke cheap ones, $18 a carton after tax, so my cost is less than $500 a year, I only smoke outside, so I'm only affecting myself. Besides, I ride a motorcycle in heavy traffic every day, smoking is no worse than all those friggin fumes I breath in while in traffic, and cigs taste MUCH better than diesel fumes.

Reply to
Odinn

All I can say about the smoking is "FOO!" Tha money could have bought you a new (or classic) scoot by now.

Well, I made it to 20. Happy Days!

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You prefer mouth/gum/throat cancer to lung cancer, eh? And it's such a lovely habit to continually spit out that ugly brown shit. Congrats! I'll bet your family and friends are thrilled and honored by it, too.

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Butts are harder to quit than booze. As of 8/2, I've been off cigarets for 16 years, and December 17 sees me off Courvoisier and Wild Turkey for 19 years. I quite boozing when it hit $13 a fifth for the good WT, and bailed out of cigarets when they hit $9 a carton. Of course, health was the reason for both stops.

The idea of changing from cigarets to a chew never once slipped into my mind. The butts could be daydreamed (stupidly so, but possible) into some kind of classy deal back in the early '50s. Chewing tobacco was always on the low end of the class scale. And it just plain looks nasty.

Reply to
Charlie Self

but then, I'd have to save up a LOT more for a bigger shop, Larry... I have like

3 tools too many for the space that I have now.. (and don't have a TS or jointer)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I "paused" once for a year... I guess I was pretty irritable, because my (now ex) wife told me one day "why don't you buy a pack of smokes before we end up divorced"... Within about a week I was back up to a pack a day and 5 years later I got a divorce, so it sure wasn't a good idea to buy that pack.. To get semi-on topic, I ave made a lot of ash tray holders and sold quite a few snubbers.. (I used to market them as Butt Savers)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Maggy and I have a modest collection of trashy, tacky ashtrays. Interestingly, ashtrays of any ilk are difficult to come by these days. It used to be that you could go into most any souvenir shop and come up with some possibilities. Now it's mostly antique shops. Hooray. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Well, everyone has got a devil. I quit drinking, drugs and junk food, so I figure I'm doing ok. I suppose I could sit around wrapped in foam and sip cold tea while contemplating the fung shui of the neighborhood, but I've got other things to do. Tell you what, you overlook the snoose, and I won't bother people who eat too much chocolate and fast food, or take mind-altering chemicals because they feel a little blue.

Reply to
Prometheus

Goodonya, mate.

Don't we all?

So solly, Chahlie. No can do. Bother away!

BTW, I watched "Supersize Me" the other night and became ill watching the poor guy eat McDognuts for a month, almost killing himself. And the statistics on obesity are staggering. One of the few things I miss from LoCal is the percentage of fit, healthy people in the citizenry.

P.S: There is no such thing as "too much chocolate".

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 7/8/2005 11:25 AM Larry Jaques mumbled something about the following:

Umm, the scoot is a 2003, bought it new, and it's paid for :) I smoke cheap cigs, $18 a carton, and I smoke a carton every 2 weeks, so, let's see, $468 a year for 15 years is only $7020. Nope, wouldn't buy even a cheep scoot.

Reply to
Odinn