Merry Christmas all you wRECkers!! and a sawdusty 2010

Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Reply to
Robatoy

Merry, merry, and no lost digits!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

And the same to you and yours - and to all from Carol and I!

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Merry Winter Solstice to you and yours!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Ahh ... a thread with "Merry Christmas" in the subject that is indeed that.

Thank you!

Cooked the big Christmas gumbo last night (it was cold enough to keep safely on the back porch all night) and have it, and the dirty rice dressing in the dutch oven, on the stove as we speak.

All the other little heads are tucked in their beds, and the house smells like Christmas ...!!

ALL of you wReckers, and your's, have a very Merry Christmas! Stay warm and be safe ...

Reply to
Swingman

Thank you Sir! And may those wishes go toward you also. Merry Christmas!

Reply to
Leon

Back at everybody and may your egg be nogged.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Robatoy wrote in news:counterfitter- snipped-for-privacy@forte.easynews.com:

Thanks, and back to you all!!

Reply to
Han

"Swingman" wrote

I will take that to heart.

I got some kinda high tech, thermal long underwear from Santa this year. I put it on immediately cuz it is frozen all over. With enough layers, it is possible for even an old fart to stay warm!

I know that you like that funny Cajun food. More traditional fare here. The missus informs me that this will be a "Prime Rib Christmas". No argument from me on this choice of holiday fare.

And a very merry christmas to all. May you all be happy and politically incorrect.

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, and a happy new year.

P.S. Why do wimmin always buy crappy tools for christmas? (and clothes that you will never wear) Not only is is something I would never use or need, but it is one of those pretty "consumer grade" tools. Ya know, the ones that fall apart after using a few times. I will be taking it back tomorrow and buy something I actually can use.

Bah humbug!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Second that emotion. May 2010 be a good year for everyone.

Same to everyone here. Hope it's a great year for everyone.

SWMBO did buy me a couple of sweaters. They'll do. Long ago I convinced her not to buy me tools. OTOH, the kid gave me a Woodcraft gift certificate. That'll work; there should be some sales coming up[*].

[*] I noticed that Woodpeckers has a sale on ball-bearing full-extension drawer slides. I'll have to order a couple packages (10 pairs per).
Reply to
krw

-------------------------------------------- Cuz they shop in department type stores that basically sell over priced crap designed to satisfy 80% of the market in some half assed fashion.

For years tried without success to promote giving checks rather than goods for presents.

After all, checks get deposited back in the various bank accounts.

The junk stays on the shelves.

No harm, no foul.

Bah Humbug.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I don't know if you saw this George Will piece from Thanksgiving:

Bah Humbug.

Just keep telling yourself; "it's not the gifts."

Reply to
krw

Question How do merchants define Christmas?

Answer The shearing of the sheep.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I finally figured it out ... give'em a Rockler, or WoodCraft, catalog with stuff circled ... stuff that you would not normally buy but wouldn't mind having if someone gave it to you as a gift. By that simple expedient I scored the following in the old stocking this morning:

?page=16416&filter=rail%20coping%20jig
?page=19743&filter=whirlwind%20dust%20port... oh, and a magnetic push stick?? Apparently an independently made decision ... win a few, lose a few! :)

Just kidding ...

Reply to
Swingman

Why not? Just what you need to go with your carbide... oops, I mean non ferrous cardboard saw blade.

:)

Reply to
upscale

I bought one of those the last time I was in a Rockler store. It's quite handy.

Reply to
krw

----- Original Message ----- From: "Swingman" Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 4:17 PM Subject: Re: Merry Christmas all you wRECkers!! and a sawdusty 2010

have that, pretty cool. I originally got it for the band saw and sawing veneers.

Reply to
Leon

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 23:27:32 -0500, the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Dittoes, Dudeo!

-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

For those of you who remember Satchel Paige

One of his many Satchelisms:

"Never look over your shoulder, IT might be gaining on you".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett