Merry Christmas all you wRECkers!! and a sawdusty 2010

Page 1 of 2
Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Merry, merry, and no lost digits!

AAMOF, you might hear a digit gained! Many people are keeping up with the oh-8, oh-9 pattern and just saying oh-10.
Puckdropper
Robatoy wrote:

And the same to you and yours - and to all from Carol and I!
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Merry Winter Solstice to you and yours!
Robatoy wrote:

Ahh ... a thread with "Merry Christmas" in the subject that is indeed that.
Thank you!
Cooked the big Christmas gumbo last night (it was cold enough to keep safely on the back porch all night) and have it, and the dirty rice dressing in the dutch oven, on the stove as we speak.
All the other little heads are tucked in their beds, and the house smells like Christmas ...!!
ALL of you wReckers, and your's, have a very Merry Christmas! Stay warm and be safe ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Robatoy wrote:

Back at everybody and may your egg be nogged.
Lew
"Swingman" wrote

I will take that to heart.
I got some kinda high tech, thermal long underwear from Santa this year. I put it on immediately cuz it is frozen all over. With enough layers, it is possible for even an old fart to stay warm!
I know that you like that funny Cajun food. More traditional fare here. The missus informs me that this will be a "Prime Rib Christmas". No argument from me on this choice of holiday fare.
And a very merry christmas to all. May you all be happy and politically incorrect.
Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, and a happy new year.
P.S. Why do wimmin always buy crappy tools for christmas? (and clothes that you will never wear) Not only is is something I would never use or need, but it is one of those pretty "consumer grade" tools. Ya know, the ones that fall apart after using a few times. I will be taking it back tomorrow and buy something I actually can use.
Bah humbug!
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:00:13 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

Second that emotion. May 2010 be a good year for everyone.

Same to everyone here. Hope it's a great year for everyone.

SWMBO did buy me a couple of sweaters. They'll do. Long ago I convinced her not to buy me tools. OTOH, the kid gave me a Woodcraft gift certificate. That'll work; there should be some sales coming up[*].

[*] I noticed that Woodpeckers has a sale on ball-bearing full-extension drawer slides. I'll have to order a couple packages (10 pairs per).
"Lee Michaels wrote:

-------------------------------------------- Cuz they shop in department type stores that basically sell over priced crap designed to satisfy 80% of the market in some half assed fashion.
For years tried without success to promote giving checks rather than goods for presents.
After all, checks get deposited back in the various bank accounts.
The junk stays on the shelves.
No harm, no foul.
Bah Humbug.
Lew
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:44:29 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

I don't know if you saw this George Will piece from Thanksgiving:
http://townhall.com/columnists/GeorgeWill/2009/11/26/scroogenomics

Just keep telling yourself; "it's not the gifts."
"krw" wrote:

Missed that one.
Question How do merchants define Christmas?
Answer The shearing of the sheep.
Lew
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:26:58 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

Good one. I love^H^H^H^H admire that guy.

Lew, is this you? <sheepish grin> http://fwd4.me/9T1
-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!
Lee Michaels wrote:

I finally figured it out ... give'em a Rockler, or WoodCraft, catalog with stuff circled ... stuff that you would not normally buy but wouldn't mind having if someone gave it to you as a gift. By that simple expedient I scored the following in the old stocking this morning:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 056&filter=thin%20rip%20table%20saw%20jig http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 416&filter=rail%20coping%20jig http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 741&filter=rockler%20one%20plate http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 743&filter=whirlwind%20dust%20port
... oh, and a magnetic push stick?? Apparently an independently made decision ... win a few, lose a few! :)
Just kidding ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Why not? Just what you need to go with your carbide... oops, I mean non ferrous cardboard saw blade.
:)

I bought one of those the last time I was in a Rockler store. It's quite handy.