Memorial Day Gift For A Neighbor

My neighbor, a retired policeman, tried 3 times unsuccessfully to mount and fly his flag. He was especially interested in successfully flying Old Glory on Memorial Day. I spent Saturday afternoon constructing a flag mounting stand that would hold up to the wind. I built the mount out of scrap pieces of Ipe and 45ed the shaft bracket all the way through the back base. This was for him and those that serve and have served out country. Thank you.
See Pics At a.b.p.w.
that's a much nicer attitude than what I got when I got back to the world from "Nam...
dave
Leon wrote:

damn keyboard. let's try again: That's a much nicer attitude, Leon, than what I received when I got back to the world from 'Nam in '70! I bet your neighbor holds you in high regard. I do.
dave
Bay Area Dave wrote:

You are welcome Dave.