MDO?

Anyone have any experience working with MDO plywood? This is recommended as the sheet good in a current project, but I have never seen anyone carry it.
If you have used it, and particularly if you know of someone in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area that carries it, please let me know. Thanks...
MDO is a treated plywood that has a special paper that is impregnated with resin on either one or two sides. So you buy it one-sided or two-sided. I think it comes in 1/4 and 3/4 thickness. Good for outdoor projects as it stains well.

"C Carruth" writes:

Often used as sign board material.
Supplied with a "papered" face, one side or two sides.
Takes paint well, good for outdoor work.
Start with a cabinet grade plywood supplier or call a sign shop to find their supplier.
HTH
--
Lew

I used MDO for the deck on my pontoon boat 14 years ago. It is still going. It was $32 a sheet in 1989. I got it from a real lumber yard (Raymond). Check places that supply contractors.
"

watching a Norm episode where he used it. Even unpainted it's got an attractive look, because it's so smooth and even tone. At least for garage cabinets. I wouldn't use it for any interior furniture or cabinet project. What I've found is it's about the same price as shop grade birch plywood but has 2-4 more plys. The last 3/4 sheet I got had 11 plys almost like working with baltic birch. I've also found that the thickness is true to size (3/4 or 1/2), unlike AC plywood which is lucky to be 23/32 these days. I also like the fact that the paper face help keep the splintering down. Here is a link to some early photos of my cabinets (just click the next button on the page a few times to get to it). Mark
http://members.cox.net/mconger/Timothy/Shop/tourtheshop.htm
Mark wrote:

I got some because I saw Norm use it to do some shop cabinates. I had to special order it because nobody stocked it around here (western Maine). It costs about as much as good birch plywood.
A lot of pros I know like it because it takes paint really well.
MDO- Medium Density Overlay
Plywood company of Fort worth sells it for about 45 bucks per 3/4 sheet
The Wolf

Thanks...also found Paxton in Grand Prarie sells 3/4" MDO, both sides papered, for about same price...