MDF Panel door

Hi,
I'm planning to create MDF panel doors for my kitchen cabinets.
But I would like them to have a "raised panel" look, only I can't figure out how to make the jig for my router, for doors that are not allways the same size.
Can someone here give me a hint.
Thanks.
Why not build real raised panel doors in MDF? I did this for my shop and they look better than what is currently in my own kitchen. You can take a look at the link below, and follow a link on the first page to "NEW SHOP". I consider making the routed fake panel doors, but decided by the time I built a jig I could build the real thing.
Regarding finish, I just primed them and painted them with gloss latex, using brush and roller. NOT what I would do in a kitchen however, so I offer no advice on that.

out
Hi Yves, Several years ago ( my first big project ) I made a set for a friend and they still look good. I used an edge guide and three different bits. One of the bits was a 45* , another was an eighth or quarter inch plunge straight bit and the third was a ........ . , I forget, maybe a 60* bit. As I did not have a plunge router at the time, the only trick was to start the groove while holding the router steady. I did not have a spray set up at the time so I made a dip tray and diluted the paint and hung them to dry like clothes on a line. One coat of primer and two of paint plus some practice and they looked as good as store bought. Good luck, JG
Yves wrote:

The table saw will "raise" panels quite well with a simple "saddle jig" that rides on your saw fence...
Here is how to do it on a router table:
http://www.woodworkingtips.com/woodtips/wstip13.html
and on a table saw:
http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker/articles/200208/thismonth/main.html
I can't find a picture of a saddle jig to save my ass....
Yves wrote:

Here is the "other" solution to raised panels:
On a table saw...
http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker/action.do?siteId "22&categoryIdp03
Yves wrote:

Yves
Your going to have to be very precise every time you change a bit to make the cuts line up right.
If its for you kitchen, you may want to consider a raised panel bit. I just finished 16 raised panels for some basement cabinets using MDF and they came out great.
I read in FWW that you should smear some drywall compound on all exposed/cut edges before you paint to get a nice smooth finish. Haven't done that yet, SWMBO is the painter in our family, but I'll post how it turns out.
Chuck