mdf heat tolerance

I'm making a radiator cover using mdf and I plan to use glue as a bonding agent (rather than nails and screws.) Since it will be constantly exposed to heat, is this the right way to go? What kind of glue would be appropriate?

I assume you mean for interior use. I would be concerned about the accelerated release of the formaldehyde in the MDF--but then again, I'm really sensitive to the stuff.

I've only tried yellow glue on MDF and it doesn't hold very well. What about dowels or screws with plugs. I assume this will be painted.
'M',
Since this stuff is basically PAPER and Glue . . . I wouldn't use it ANYWHERE near a hear source.
Even if it wouldn't be heated to the point of ignition, it would be DRIED OUT till it was both brittle AND much more sensitive to sources of ignition.