McDonalds' lawsuit...and tool safety.

Page 5 of 5

I didn't say they were identical. If you can't see similarities in issues, you have a problem.

Awww, you're trying to be a jerk and you stuck your foot in your mouth. Do you do that persistantly?

You really need to learn to follow threads and ascribe thoughts to the proper authors.
Kevin

Edit: "He"

A single word wrong and nothing to contribute re the real issues or conversation...

Hear, hear.
When I use my saw, I don't plug it in until I have done my layouts & setups, and I am immediately ready to cut (and I've checked the position of the cord!). When I finish using my saw, I set it down, then unplug it. After I've unplugged it, I'll pick it up and depress the switch to make sure I unplugged the right thing. If the next cut requires re-positioning the work, I unplug between cuts.
I don't change blades unless the power plug is in plain view.
Same basic behaviour when I use our rotary meat slicer or the electric knife.
Basically, I'm respectful of sharp things that move quickly.
Could be I'm overdoing it, but I've still got all my fingers, and I try to keep them in good working order, since I also like to play the violin.
And I like my coffee hot. So, I don't drink coffee while driving.
-- Howard Lee Harkness Texas Certified Concealed Handgun Instructor www.CHL-TX.com snipped-for-privacy@CHL-TX.com Low-cost Domain Registration and Hosting! www.Texas-Domains.com
I don't unplug tools after use necessarily (I do unplug routers when changing bits though.) What I did years ago was wire my shop so that all circuits into which any tool can be plugged pass through a single shut-off switch ahead of the shop sub-panel so that I can shot off and lock everything down when there are kids (and sometimes fully grown idiots) in my shop.
It's as much self defense as safety.
Trent wrote:

Kids gotta learn somehow...Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:28:14 -0500, "Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist

The area wasn't at least roped off, Dennis. This is REALLY lax on the stores part.

He should at least have strung some 'caution' ribboning.

A 'corded' saw? What a contractor! lol

That could happen, of course. But most kids that know how to by-pass the trigger guard also know the dangers of using the saw. But your point is well taken.

*I* am!!! lol

And they'd probably win, Dennis.
Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...
Trent