McDonalds' lawsuit...and tool safety.

Like being an Alkie, you're never "cured", although I am beginning to understand the smell everyone used to abuse me about. Still can't smell it on stuff, but when someone is smoking in the same room the smell either seems bad or seems gooooooood depending on the mood, the moon or something.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Effects everyone different. I smoked for 28 years. Quit a year ago. Being around others that smoke doesn't effect me one way or the other.

Reply to
CW

It didn't bother me much, if at all, the first couple years. Each year after that, it has bothered me more. Wait until you've been off the butts for a decade or more--I quit in '88, IIRC, and along with the 5-6 pounds a year, I got an excessively choosy sniffer...and my taste buds back, which is a small part of the reason for the weight gain).

Charlie Self

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." George Carlin

Reply to
Charlie Self

I don't unplug tools after use necessarily (I do unplug routers when changing bits though.) What I did years ago was wire my shop so that all circuits into which any tool can be plugged pass through a single shut-off switch ahead of the shop sub-panel so that I can shot off and lock everything down when there are kids (and sometimes fully grown idiots) in my shop.

It's as much self defense as safety.

Trent© wrote:

Reply to
EL

That's true, if taken out of context (as many things dealing with Marijuana are).

Reply to
Mark

Kids gotta learn somehow...Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

The area wasn't at least roped off, Dennis. This is REALLY lax on the stores part.

He should at least have strung some 'caution' ribboning.

A 'corded' saw? What a contractor! lol

That could happen, of course. But most kids that know how to by-pass the trigger guard also know the dangers of using the saw. But your point is well taken.

*I* am!!! lol

And they'd probably win, Dennis.

Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

Trent

Trent©