Exploding Toilet Recall and Lawsuit

.

Saw this on the news last night. I already installed one of the repair kits in my wife's mother's house. It was a bit of a pain to work the flexible metal band past obstructions in the toilet tank and slide it under the plastic pressure tank, but any reasonable handy person could do this job in ten minutes at most.

What's odd is that there were already places in the plastic pressure tank for the self tapping screws to go. This means that the manufacturer probably had considered a steel band as a safety back-up when the product was designed and the tank was molded, then decided not to include it.

This is not the type of toilet I would ever consider. Too complicated, for no good reason.

Reply to
sms88