Makita plate joiner

Any comments on this.
I'm looking at a new one and was told tis one received Popular Woodworking's Editor's Choice.

Does the Makita come with a smaller blade to use for the FF biscuits? I use that set-up in my PC quite a lot.
Max D.

Very happy with mine, it was a toss-up between the DeWalt and Makita, but the Makita was several dollars cheaper at the WW show. Works great, have never regretted it.
Barry Lennox
That is funny. I am in the market for a joiner and was about to buy the dewalt and then saw an article saying it was the worst one they tested for being out of parallel. Most stores around here have it for around $230.00. I then went looking for a Makita due to the articles great review and noticed it was $450.00+. (Canadian prices.)
wrote:

Woodworking's
habbi wrote:

the
tested for

$230.00. I

noticed
I got the Dewalt for Christmas. Besides making a bunch of noise when running it is great. I have not had any problems with it being out of square but I haven't used it much.
I think that American WW gave it there second best award. It is not as good as the Porter Cable but I found it refurb on Amazon for almost a $100 less than the PC. So No complaints on the Dewalt. No experience with the Makita. W