Making Wooden Belts

Can anyone help me get started or have info on how a wooden belt is made

Regards, Roy

conforms to the shape of whatever "body" it will go around... let's say, little holes drilled into each of the pieces so they can be tied together fancifully with a strong thread or some form of tight macrame weaving, you know, like if it's for a woman. Of course you'd be considerate of the wood and how it looks, very selective of grain for visual beauty and what kind of wood to use. The wood would be as hard as possible such as Lignum Vitae (hardest on the planet). You could do other things with the wood such as bleaching it and then creatively tinting it with translucent colors, maybe french polishing it for a super gloss that is deep. Or using a super tough finish such as silicone based, like the stuff used on bowling alley lanes, and so forth. You might consider using fine needle files to carve designs as well. Who knows. I have never done any of this myself mind you. Just some ideas I though up, and I hope this helps, good luck.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Wouldn't that be a bit noisy? My drill press would need 2.