Looking to Upgrade Grizzly 15" Planer. Recommendations??

I have a Grizzly 15" Planer with the open stand. While this planer has been a reasonable work horse for me, I would like to get a much better, heavier and accurate planer.

That said, if you were faced with that position and had say $2- 2.5K to spend on the replacement, which planer would you buy?

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rance

Mark -

I'm still waiting for the grizzly 20" spiral helix cutter head planer. been on backorder for 4 months, but has good reviews for a $2,500 to your door planer...

best I can tell ya for now... Schroeder

Reply to
Schroeder

The powermatic 15" with spiral cutter has great reviews from the couple people I know who have it. I am looking at a planer in this size and prce range, when I mntioned it to my salesman he gave me two names of people own that model. Both of them say it's one of the few tools they don't regret purchasing at all. I don't know about the adjustable bed rollers though

Andrew

Reply to
Tattooed and Dusty