Looking to rent workshop space in metro Atlanta

Hello, Everyone.

I recently moved to the metropolitan Atlanta area (Decatur) and am living in a small apartment. I would like to continue learning to work wood, make sawdust AND keep my neighbors happy.

I am looking to rent a small to medium-sized heated and powered workshop space where I can use my almost complete set of basic hand and portable power tools to complete a few furniture projects.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or assistance from folks out there who live in the metro Atlanta area as to where I should look or who I should contact to find and rent heated and powered workshop space.

Please feel free to send email to me directly as well as to this newsgroup.

Thanks.

Reply to
Edward Lomax

Go to Highland Hardware in Virginai Highlands and ask. They are the best wodworking hardware store. They are actually a hardware store second, woodworking first. I thought I had seen shops for rent at one time or another when visiting there. Pick up some info on the woodworkers guild or the turners guild. Somone may have some better answers for you.

Are you actually asking to rent a 12x20 garage from someone to work in? If you go to a church start by asking there.

The Smith Hardware at 601 East College Avenue is the best non-woodworking hardware store in your neighborhood.

Kentec Megatools

535 >Hello, Everyone.
Reply to
Jim Behning

Good advice here. And while I always prefer HH, don't discount Rockler (about 1 mi outside the perimeter on Roswell Road) and Woodcraft (400 and Holcomb Bridge) as info sources as well.

Strong second for the Woodworkers Guild of GA,

>Are you actually asking to rent a 12x20 garage from someone to work

Reply to
alexy

Try Craigslist.com for the Atlanta area. Under housing.

In the SF Bay Area there are always several listing for shared workspace. I didn't see anything like that on a first search for "woodworking" but "Workshop" did turn up several possibilites for space at least.

$550 / 760ft=B2 - Workshop with high ceiling-drive in garage-Water,gas,elect.

SonomaProducts.com