Looking for Woodcarvers

Anybody hand carving anymore?

There're some of 'em over at rec.crafts.carving, methinks.
I bought my daughter a nice chip carving kit a couple of years ago when she was fascinated after the wood show here, but it remains unbreached.
As for me, I've whittled a pike from a stick while watching my son play ball, but that's about it.
Thank you for the info. Am working with cedar.
Balderstone sure sounds Viking-You Norwegian? Did art pottery carved Balder for friend in Canada.
karen king wrote:

A lot of us.
--RC
Rick-So how do I locate folks to visit with? Want to discuss Viking carving -Maybe there is another hermit out there with that interest.Thanks
karen king wrote:

First thing to do is to join rec.crafts.carving. That's where the woodcarvers hang out.
Next do a google search on 'viking' 'carving' and related. There is a lot of interest in Viking lore and culture out there and a lot of sites dealing with aspects of it. For example there's one that discusses the major styles of Viking carving -- of which there are about six. (Sorry, no URL handy.)
--RC
Went to rec crafts carving ......the site is an absolute joke about 6 posts none of which discuss carving .....mjh
--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2
"Rick Cook" < snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com> wrote in message
I do a bit see the crappy web site, check out chairs in particular ,there is a firescreen I think is ok ...mjh