Looking for thin hardwood in Ontario

Does anybody have a source for thin (less than 3/4") hardwoods in Ontario (specifically southwest)? or anywhere else is Canada? Would I have a problem ordering from the US (re: customs)? I'm looking for cherry and maple.
My local sawmill and most others, can plane a 3/4" piece down to 3/8 or 1/4 that I'm looking for, but I'll have to pay for the full 3/4" and it seems like such a waste of wood.
Here is a link at the Scrollsaw Association of the World with links to places with "thin wood". Almost all were in the US. http://www.saw-online.com/Resources/thinw.htm
I've check other newsgroup posts on this subject, but none of them panned out for me.
Thanks in advance.
Find someone local with a bandsaw and let them resaw that 4/4 in half,then run thru a planner to get it down to 3/8in or whatever you want/need sawing into 1/4 will get you 3 pieces out of a 4/4 board, 3/8 will get you 2 pieces out of a 4/4 board
If using a LOT of wood, might be worth looking into a used bandsaw and a planner
John

Where in SW Ontario are you?
Thanks,
David.

Too much waste involved in sawing thin lumber. Both saw kerf and drying degrade would take all the opportunity for profit. That's why you don't find much beyond lath that's sawn thin.
You need to locate or acquire that resaw and planer capability John mentioned.

Try Kootur's, near Hamilton, they list a variety of species in 1/2". I wouldn't want to work with anything smaller that is rough sawn.
http://www.kooturlumber.com/lumber.shtml
I only know of these guys, never been to the shop.
HTH, Jeffo

A&M Wood Specialties in Cambridge (http://www.forloversofwood.com/canada /) have every kind of wood you can imagine, all in top quality grades. They do resawing up to 22" wide, and planing with a 10 minute minimum shop charge. Fun place to look around.
Ordering from the U.S. isn't a problem. Shipping charges for bulk products like wood can get pricy, though. Avoid UPS -- they charge a $35-50 "brokerage fee" in addition to the sales taxes they collect on entry. The post office seems to let most packages of modest value go through without stopping them, but when they do there's a $5 handling fee plus PST and GST.
Good luck,
Tim