Looking for pirates chest plans

Any ideas?
--

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon
Bob Darrah wrote:

Try a Google search for:
"steamer trunk" plans

Does anyone else find that the new Google Groups interface sucks rhino?
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:18:29 -0800, "Bob Darrah"

How big ? How authentic ? Waterproof ? Lockable ? With handles ?
What have you got to make it out off, or with ?
I usually do something like this: http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/boxes/sarah /
Bottom half is a simple softwood box constructed with pegged open tenons. Height is just whatever fits the plank I have to hand. The base is lengthwise or crosswise boards, with a simple V-groove battening between them (simpler than T&G).
The upper half is two arched ends, pegged to rails that fit into a notch. The coopered top _must_ be coopered with an accurately cut chamfer on each edge, or it looks terrible. The staves are again pegged into place.
Add ironwork strapping, or a tarred cloth cover, to taste. Easiest way to tar things is with a bitumen-based flat roof primer paint, used cold. Hot tar is more fun though 8-)
--
Smert' spamionam

Arr, matey.
<http://pweb.netcom.com/~patinage/projects.htm
--
Hank Gillette

Tue, Dec 14, 2004, 4:18pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (BobDarrah) is asking: Any ideas?
No prob, just make one that looks like this. http://amos.shop.com/cc.class/cc?pcd=9636428&ccsyn=13559&fid=SFL
JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. - unknown
Try http://woodworkersworkshop.com/planssearch/index.php?action=rated&link_id 485 http://woodworkersworkshop.com/planssearch/index.php?action=rated&link_id 512 http://woodworkersworkshop.com/planssearch/index.php?action=rated&link_id 515
and if you are looking for ideas or inspiration, try this http://www.woodchests.com / Woodwork Safely, Jim Barry http://www.WoodchuckCanuck.com