Looking for pirates chest plans

Try a Google search for:

"steamer trunk" plans

Nova

How big ? How authentic ? Waterproof ? Lockable ? With handles ?

What have you got to make it out off, or with ?

I usually do something like this:

half is a simple softwood box constructed with pegged open tenons. Height is just whatever fits the plank I have to hand. The base is lengthwise or crosswise boards, with a simple V-groove battening between them (simpler than T&G).

The upper half is two arched ends, pegged to rails that fit into a notch. The coopered top _must_ be coopered with an accurately cut chamfer on each edge, or it looks terrible. The staves are again pegged into place.

Add ironwork strapping, or a tarred cloth cover, to taste. Easiest way to tar things is with a bitumen-based flat roof primer paint, used cold. Hot tar is more fun though 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Arr, matey.

Reply to
Hank Gillette

Does anyone else find that the new Google Groups interface sucks rhino?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Tue, Dec 14, 2004, 4:18pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Bob=A0Darrah) is asking: Any ideas?

No prob, just make one that looks like this.

JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

- unknown

Reply to
J T

Try

?action=rated&link_id=12512
if you are looking for ideas or inspiration, try this
Safely, Jim Barry

WoodchuckCanuck