Looking for CF Belden

Wood turner extraordinaire! Anyone know if he's here, or on another group?
Thanks!
Kate

If you are looking for Charlie, he doesn't seem to post as much as he used to anywhere. You could try
rec.crafts.woodturning
or at Woodcentral on the "turning" message boards.
http://www.woodcentral.com/forums /
Great guy.
Robert
Thank you Robert! It's been awhile since I was on this board as well. I've been prowling the Woodcraft boards and of course hanging out in the Jeep boards mostly.
I'm sure glad he popped up!
K.
wrote:

If you are looking for Charlie, he doesn't seem to post as much as he used to anywhere. You could try
rec.crafts.woodturning
or at Woodcentral on the "turning" message boards.
http://www.woodcentral.com/forums /
Great guy.
Robert
OK - so what did I do now?
charlieb aka C. F. Belden
CHARLIE! I FOUND YOU! Yippiiieee!
Phew, now I can name him after you....
Seriously, I wanted to drop you a note. Remember quite awhile back you made me that wonderful little turned "box" and some cribbage pegs? Well, I was given a mini lathe for Christmas. First, I have to say, wow. After trying just a little turning, I am now SO MUCH MORE impressed with your work. I was pretty impressed before, but now, it's way over the top.
I tried turning some itty bitty things and wondered how in the world you accomplish it without your wood bending and breaking. I tried making a couple of cribbage pegs, they are usable, but nowhere near identical.
There are some things I'd like to make but am at something of a loss and could sure use your help.
Kate
OK - so what did I do now?
charlieb aka C. F. Belden
Kate:
rather than continue here, e-mail me
snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com
I'd have e-mailed you from here, but the e-mail address
didn't look promising ; )
You've stepped onto a very slippery slope with this turning thing. The lathe and some tools are just the first steps in the slide. To do delicate little stuff you're gonna need a chuck for your lathe - really delicate stuff is very hard if not impossible to do "between centers".
Describing how to use turning tools is very difficult to with just text or even text with illustrations. Vids are better but often you can't see what's being done as its being done. Hands on - with someone who can do what you want to learn to do is probably the best way. Any turning clubs anywhere close by?
e-mail me and we'll see if we can't get you really hooked on this turning thing.
charlie b
You've got mail!
K.