looking for a screw (ON topic...really!)

I'm looking for a replacement screw for some teak chairs...

Actually it's two screws - one is a short screw...and the other is long and threaded internally - more like a bolt, really, but with a slotted head. roughly 2" long

I've tried the borg, hardware stores and rockler's catalog with no luck. Here's a picture:

ideas?

Reply to
Chris Merrill

It's called a binding post. Home Depot and Lowe's have them on the fasteners aisle, in the pull-out trays. You should be able to find them at *any* hardware store such as Ace or Tru-Value, or an independent mom-and-pop. Just find an employee with gray hair, and ask him to show you where they are.

Doug Miller

If anyone has them they will be in those pull out drawers with all the compartments. Did you try Ace?

Reply to
Gfretwell

Thanks...nice to know what it's called!

I'll try Ace again...and the Borgs, as well.

Reply to
Chris Merrill