Looking for a Good Table Saw for under $700

I searched all over the wreck's archives for recommendations. I made the mistake of buying a $180 Craftsman. The miter rails are not square and flat so it's hard to make any kind of jig involving the miter slots. It's extremely difficult to adjust the blade square to the miter slot. The miter gauge and fence wiggle a lot.
I'm looking at the Bridgewood contractor's saw ($579 on sale). Pros: Price, left tilting blade, 30 inch rail. Cons: Cast iron extension is extra ($70), mediocre fence. Are there any others you would recommend at a similar price with pros and cons? Thanks.
Most peole sugest a Unisaw or Griz 1023(?). My suggestion is to look for those at used machinery dealers. Or look for a rebuilt one. Remember, a decent fence is $250 up . If you buy anything, you still must have a good fence.So either you buy a contractors saw and a Bies or Unifence (or whatever) or try to finsd a good one used, You are SO close to a new saw that I would really encourage you to pick up a few more Coke bottles or something to get the extra money to buy a really good one. You will NEVER regrett it.

Every one has a limit, but for a few dollars more . . . . . The Delta contractor saw is $750 with a Beisemeyer fence. I'm very happy with mine. Ed
hdt98 wrote:

My BIL seems quite satisfied with his Grizzly TS (z-series?). $600 IIRC.
For that matter, a $600 Craftsman would marvelous compared to what you bought.
--
Chris Merrill

I know how you feel. I bought a Delta 36-600, and thought I would get a decent saw out of it. It is only adequate at best. Not even sure if I could get a decent fence for it, whether it would be worth the investment or not. I tried a Delta Unisaw the other night with a Biesmeyer fence on it. What a dream!!! I will be looking for one of these used when SWMBO isn't looking. I am hoping to find one eventually in the 7-800 dollar range. Best of luck.
Paul