Long Ranger remote

Anyone have one of these just, all of a sudden, stop working?

And by all of a sudden I mean I used it to turn the dust collector on, then,

30 seconds later, it wouldn't turn it off. Now it doesn't work at all. Fresh batteries, the obilgatory banging it against your hand along with the confused look at it (like *that's* ever fixed anything) and it still won't work. Do these things have one of those automatic kill switches that only engage 3 days after the warranty expires? I know my car does.

a little confused,

jc

Reply to
joe

Mine needs to be reset to the frequency of the receiver once in a blue moon. Push the button on the side of the receiver and then a button on the remote.

Reply to
LEGEND65

Thanks, never had to do that in 5+ years. Works better than ever (that I remember) now.

jc

Reply to
joe

Retrain it to know the remote. The instructions should be printed on the unit with the a/c plug.

Mine has done the same twice, over the last 5 years or so.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Mine seems to do the same quite often (on mine, there is a pencil-point switch on the base unit, press it in until you hear it beep, then push the on switch until the unit comes on).

Losing the training seems to be correlated to having had lightning storms in the area.

Does anybody else's LR beep for no apparent reason? First time that happened to me was while I was doing some hand tool work and the LR base unit started emitting beeps about 1 or 2 minutes apart. Seems to happen quite often now, including after it has been used to control the dust collector.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

That would be similar to mine.

It might be power line noise that scrambles the receiver.

Reply to
B A R R Y