Local Houston Yong Man is a pretty good Woodworker

Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft Check out his gallery too!
http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm?menu_itemID 9151&load=html
"Leon" wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------- Now that will keep him out of bars at night and away from wild women on the weekends.
Thx
Lew

This guy is good. He works from drawings. He has a super talent for imaginative designs. He works well with curves and incorporates them in places I never thought of. And he can do inlay work as well.
Make me feel like an old ham fisted cave man.
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

+1
The man has a unique mix of artistic and woodworking talents and is also damned good at engineering his way out of the corners his artistic talent gets him into.
Rare combination ...
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 4/17/2013 11:25 AM, Swingman wrote:

HEY! Are you on a break? LOL

LOL. AAMOF, exactly. Demo is over. Keeping one eye on the plumber putting in a shower tower, and another on the tile guys.
Supervising is much easier than demo on old bones. ;)
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 4/17/2013 11:45 AM, Swingman wrote:

And your third eye is reading the REC? LOL
On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:23:36 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Pretty good is the understatement of the day. My first guess from his photos was he is mid to late twenties; but his release from the USMC suggests mid-thirties. Might have a future Sam Maloof here!
On 4/16/2013 4:17 PM, RonB wrote:

was he is mid to late twenties; but his release from the USMC suggests mid-thirties. Might have a future Sam Maloof here!

I have seen him a time or two ant the local store and he was at the local WW show this past weekend demo'ing Laguna tools. I'd guess 30ish, he has lots of energy.
On 4/16/2013 3:23 PM, Leon wrote:

Lots of talent clearly; other than the A&M and dining tables mostly too 'artsy' for my taste but that's nothing against the execution...I'd have scaled-back the top on the round dining table as well--I'm like less is more.
Reminds me of much of the work one sees in the boutiques in Sausalito, etc., ...
On 4/16/2013 4:41 PM, dpb wrote:

Yeah his work is not my cup of tea but he certainly is talented, I prefer a bit more functional.
On 4/16/2013 4:23 PM, Leon wrote:

Very impressive.
--
Jeff

Leon wrote:

Well, yeah, but is he fast? :)
--

dadiOH

Well look at how much he has in his gallery and how young he looks. LOL