Lee Valley firmer gouges

Anybody used these? Are they any good? Your input would be appreciated.

steel that cannot take a seriously sharp edge when sharpening, CV takes a long time to sharpen as it wears down, that's why they are so cheap. Gouges are also harder to sharpen than flat chisels unless you have a $400 electric wheel machine such as a Tormek and another bunch of money invested in the accessories that sharpen gouges, so it's an important point.
A great quality steel are Stubai made in Austria, I have their bench chisels. They easily take and keep a seriously sharp edge. "Firmer" means exactly that with chisels, thicker blades. http://www.diefenbacher.com/ sells them and has an honest review that I agree with. Stubai are also a lot cheaper than Two Cherries.
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com