Lee Valley catalog a collectors item !?

Page 3 of 4

Ya know, I had him well "plonked" until you all started quoting his drivel. No offence Robin, you've shown remarkable restraint.
--
Nahmie
<snip>

drivel.
Hi -
You're right - sorry 'bout that....guess I'd better get back to pillaging full-time, fun as this is....
Cheers -
Rob
snippage of Robin Lee stuff...
Priceless! Bravo! Author, Author!!!
UA100, who has to go dab his eyes now...
Robin Lee wrote:

Hi Rob,
My compliments to you and your staff responsible for the latest hardware catalog. The photography and layout is superb. I thought it was only the old Garret Wade catalogs were that nicely done.

since
Someday,
hardware
old
Hi Jack -
Thanks for the comments - I'll ensure that the designers and photographers see your note, they're not often on the receiving end of comments from the public....
Cheers -
Rob

Yeah -- tell them this is the first *hardware* catalog that ever went into the night stand drawer by the bed. Next to the - oh, never mind...
That's where my LV hardware catalog is too :O)
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:24:57 -0500, Village Idiot

Note to Village Idiot. Why should Canadians pay more than Americans for the same Lee Valley R&D?
Good grief, will this ever end?

Naah, just being an idiot isn't a violation of the TOS or AUP for pretty much any ISP. In fact, some of them rely on their customers being so, or they'd be broke.

Maybe not for his ISP, what about the charter for this newsgroup? He curses and swears here at will, although many other people do too including myself, but I've never once seen him contribute a URL to a product, give a suggestion as to how to do something woodworking related or even how make something. In effect, he's never once contributed anything worthwhile to this newsgroup. That's contrary to all news group charters. If enough people complain, easynews will at least look at it.

Liar. Clamps at Princess Auto.

Only you would consider that cheap ass place as a supplier of quality woodworking tools. If you were in any way skilled as a woodworker, you'd have graduated from that cut rate store a long time ago.

LOL! Who said they were quality, I said they were cheap.

They were the first purchase I ever made from Princess Auto and probably my last. For clamping trim on desktops they are perfect. I don't have any other use for 60" clamps. I'm actually a carver and box maker, not a furniture maker.:)
Although Princess Auto do have the identical dead blow hammer as Lee Valley's at half the price.:)

my
other use

Really? You must have been in there really recently if you're comparing their products to Lee Valley Tools current products? And if you were in there recently, then you're a hack. And tell me Robert, did you actually write down the markings and id on those clamps and then run right over to LV to compare that the clamps were identical?

Valley's at

And similarly, you must have recorded the manufacturer and make of that dead blow hammer and then run over to LIVE to compare it to their model.
I'm finished with this thread. You're a liar without ever offering a shred of proof to back up your claims. If you were genuine with your claims, then we'd see pictures and product comparisons with proof of purchase to back it up. Instead, all you ever offer is hyperbole without fact. That fact that you liking being the pariah of this group only backs that up further.
Reply as you will, I won't see it. You're filtered.

LOL! I've never even seen a Princess Auto Store from the outside let alone been in one. Or a Lee Valley either for that matter.
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:47:22 GMT, "Robert"

So the basis for all your "clamp" complaints against Lee Valley Tools lies only with online or catalogue pictures you've seen?
As you've admitted, Princess Auto is a low end dealer. Heaven forbid that Princess Auto might not use a picture of a high quality clamp to promote some of their cheap clamps.
What kind of gullible, flaming idiot are you?

If you compare the headers of the post you're rprlying to with the headers from other posts by "Robert" I think you'll find someone is now forging his address to try to keep this shit storm flowing.
Standard Advice: -- Ignore -- Filter -- Help others to do the same

If people wouldn't quote him, those reading through Google would never have to see him. It seems he has done us a favor and self-filtered himself out of Google (and that is the same for all "Robert" postings, so if someone is forging his address they had enough sense to also set themselves up to not be archived - and I thank them for that). Now everbody just quit quoting him or, better yet, just quit responding.