Lee Valley catalog a collectors item !?

Page 1 of 4
See e-bay item # 3853061500 for a mint catalog from 2001-2002. (No it's not mine, although I probably have one tucked away somewhere.)
Maybe the resident LV pricing policy troll will prefer those prices. :*)
Note to troll - less $$ for LV means less R&D spent on developing new tools.

< snip>
Hi - I think the seller's a few decades early...:)
We have kept an archive of multiple pristine copies of every catalogue since the first in 1978 ... a full set would be 3-4 feet wide at least. Someday, we WILL put a set up for auction.... proceeds to charity, most likely...
Cheers -
Rob

Almost certainly an American charity.

since
Someday,
Not "certainly" - but definitely in proportion to sales. We actually sent a fair amount outside North America too...wherever the need is the greatest. Last large donation actually went to Haiti after the devastion from the hurricane...
Thanks for your interest though.....
Cheers -
Rob

In other words to crooked American companies and their paid war lords who completely control Haiti. Wonderful.:( I guess the term 'Charity begins at home' is lost on you. We have a few native peoples up north in this country in desperate need of help right now but I guess they don't buy too many Lee Valley tools.

Wow, Robert, you're really over the top on this, you know that? It's like your _obsessed_. Robin sends money to someone who needs it, and you jump all over him for that, too.
Step back and take a look at this, Robert; you're over-reacting to a nothing.

LOL! You actually believe him? You're dumber than I thought.

Given that we've never conversed before (unless this is a new identity for you here), that's an interesting statement to make. So you're saying he's lying now? Last message, you were criticizing him for sending it because it'd go to the wrong people, now you're saying he didn't send it after all? You can't even be consistant for 2 messages in a row.
Which is it, Robert, you believe him and don't like him because he sent it, or you don't believe him and don't like him because he didn't send it? If you're going to have a point, it should at least be able to last more than one post.

Rob Lee isn't his dad. He doesn't strike me as the 'giving' type period! I could be wrong but I don't believe a word he posts in this news group without proof. So far he has been long on posting, short on facts regarding his pricing policy in Canada. I don't see this as being any different.

I disagree with you. I posted an explanation on the exchange rate issue and he confirmed it rather directly.

That's because you are an idiot.

Canadians have always paid more regardless of exchange rate. I challenged anyone to show me ONE DAY in the last TWO years when Canadians paid the same or less for a Lee Valley plane. There have been ZERO takers because that day does not exist.

So you criticized him for giving money to people in a particular country, before you criticized him for lying about giving money to that country. Sheesh. You should run for President, unsuccessfully.

The prices are what they are. Deal with it, or buy something else. Very simple.

Somehow I knew you wouldn't.
<snip>

Nope - I'm not my mother either. Is that different from the make-up of your nuclear family?

No reason I should - my personal donations are just that - personal. They're not made for publicity.

without
Good point. Perhaps I should post scanned copies of my personal and corporate tax returns for examination by any anonymous twit.... Gosh - how could I have overlooked that....
<snip>
Cheers -
Rob

Oh for gods sake, they gave money to people in need, which is more then most people and corporations do. Who did you give your last donation to?
Oh to hell with it, just go fuck yourself. People such as you, who would reduce a charitable donation to such dribble, ought to be tossed out of society and are intolerable.

SPCA. Over $600 cash this year. Over $5000 in the last ten years. Time donated at $10 an hour = at least $20,000 over the same time. I know it's not the same as helping crooked American companies in Haiti but...
How about you?

Local volunteer fire department and (2) ambulance services for the last decade+. None of which is relevant to you bitching about how someone else decides to allocate their charitable giving, whilst simultaneously saying you don't believe they're doing it, that is.

Just an excuse to party and get drunk every week with the guys.
At a hotel fire in my area a while back even the Fire Chief showed up drunk. One person died as a result. He's still Chief and still a drunk. No one else wants the job.

drunk. One

Lol, good story, too bad it's not true. A volunteer firefighter rates far higher than a useless donator to spca anyway.

Right, so remember that next time you call 911.

And of course this extends to all firefighters and EMTs, because of your perception. I can see that your problems go beyond confusion about exchange rates.
Robert wrote:

...and, just where is 'your area'...?
a while back even the Fire Chief showed up drunk. One

Any facts to support this claim, or is this just more drivel?