Laser guide question

Yep, I do NOT care for the lasers that replace the arbor nut/flange for that very reason

Better choice is the lasers that mount on the saw frame, and the come with AC powered versions as well. Very useful for folks who already own a tool that did NOT come with lasers.

John

Reply to
John

My orignital commets were to to Woody's comments about the arbor type being the best type of laser. I don't agree. If I was the saw manufacturere, it would not be on my tools. Put a swithc to light it witht he blade stopped and we have a good product.

Nor do I, but we have different ways of achieving that. Others may not posess your skills or anyone can make an error. Ever push the wrong button on the radio or heater controls on your car? No big deal, but if you were flying an F14 the outcome may be different.

Count me out. Once the blade starts, I don't move anything. I intend to keep it that way. If the wood moves, I take my hand off the trigger and wait for the blade to stop.

Not taken personally at all. It was as noted above, my opinion on a type of aiming device on a saw blade. Do as you see fit.

In all of the

Yes, but you've probably seen some really stupid ideas brought up too. Even people that do care about safey do stupid things just because they don't know any better.

Ah, the fun of newsgroups. Gives us all a soapbox.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

F14's and radios be damned - I've been known to do it with the send key on occasion...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

FWIW, some of the switches have red guards on them that have to be flipped free before the switch will move. There is a reason for that. Flipping those switches make Very Bad Things happen to _somebody_. Hopefully it's the Forces of Darkness and not your wingman.

Reply to
J. Clarke