large raised panel doors?

Thinking about making new cabinets for the kitchen. I want to use red oak and make raised panel doors. What would be the largest recommended size for the door? Probly be 1/2 or 3/4 thick. Or any other ideas appreciated.
Thanks
"Jimmy" wrote in message

3/4" stock for the panels, rails and stiles is pretty standard these days for raised panel doors in the kitchen.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/07
Jimmy wrote:

need to cover a larger opening I split it and make two doors. Several thing to keep in mind. One...big doors are heavy for the hinges. Two...the door will get in the way when you open it. If it's an upper as you swing it open you have to step back or to the side.