Large crown moulding

I want to make cherry 3 1/2" crown moulding on my router table. However all bits I can find have effective length of 2 1/4". Is there way I can make that large moulding on router table, maybe using several bits? I have 2 1/4 HP router mounted under the table.
Sasha wrote:

Two bits is adequate,its selecting the right two bits thats the problem. I suppose its trial and error till the bits look right as one molding. I've actually tried this by routing a molding on one side of the wood then turned the wood upside down and used a different molding to match the other using these...
http://tinyurl.com/y9dhl3 So what I had was a full bit molding and a half bit molding.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

You can make molding any size. I made 10" molding, not in one piece, but several glued-up layers. Make 2 or 3 templates so that when you glue them up you can use these templates (or gauges) instead of measuring. At the time of installation I installed a built-up layer against the wall and another against the ceiling, then completed the molding with a center piece. Of course, this method won't work well if the molding is a large curvy transition.
It would appear that you are in luck. Freud has just announced a matched set of bits that produce up to a 5 1/2" crown molding.
I think the set sells for under $100. Look for the announcement in the current AWW or Wood magazine.