Laminating

I was wondering how you laminate wood for building something like the marking guage from wood magazine in October? All they say is glue together and laminate. How would one do this?
Thanks,
Lars
Any basic text on woodworking techniques should give you more detail, but the idea is to take thinner strips of wood, apply adhesive, and clamp them together to make a larger piece. While I haven't seen this article, I assume it involves this basic technique, perhaps using pieces of differing dimensions to make a profile specific to the shape of the gauge. Good luck.
Dan