Laminate flooring

I have installed some self-locking (cherry) laminate flooring which is very hard to keep clean.
The directions say do not use wax on it.
I wonder if anyone has used wax and what the outcome was.
I'm looking for suggestions on how to make it more "user-friendly".

Do you think that wax will keep it clean? Because these surfaces are very hard and non porous, the result of waxing would be a very slippery floor.
Can you explain exactly what the problem is? If you simply find that dirty spots appear, welcome to a hard floor vs. carpeting. I have had very good luck with using the Bona floor care mop system. Bed Bath &Beyond sells the MICRO FIBER mop and cleaning solution for about $25. The floor in out house is all ceramic tile and a quart of the cleaner looks like it yields about 5 complete mopings. Simply spray a little on the floor and mop. I can do the whole house in 10 to 15 minutes and because you use so little of the product the floors are ready to walk on in about 3 minutes.
http://www.bona.com/en/US/Consumers/Floor_Care/

I use GOO GONE for scuff marks.
Smitty