lacquer and scratches

Has anyone used Deft spray lacquer, satin sheen, for a topcoat on a desktop before? I'm considering it but am concerned that it will scratch too easily and look marred after a short time. Are there superior recommendations that others have? I don't have spray equipment for application.
3 coats of wipe-on polyurethane. Let cure for 2-3 weeks then rub out with pumice and rottenstone.
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

I think that maybe he's talking about the aerasol cans of Deft, since that's the only kind that has the be sprayed (though I agree that the regular stuff is easier sprayed than brushed).
To the OP: you didn't say what kind of table, but I'll guess you mean a dining room or some such. In that case I'd use a short oil varnish like Rockhard. Matt
As an aside, Deft does make a brushable lacquer. It will be labeled as such. A retardant can also be added to it to slow up regular Deft for brushing.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net